Saturday, March 14, 2015

Look up Stories: The story of admits

I always had the dream of pursuing Master's right after graduation. I took up CAT, XAT and all the other exams without even thinking whether the courses where I was thinking of getting in are even the ones I wanted to pursue. Sheep mentality had crawled in my head.

I gave my 100% thinking I shall bell the CAT and get into one of the most reputed IIMs but life had something different planned in for me. Although my marks in the entrance exams led me to the Personal interview rounds of these colleges, but I couldn't clear those round and hence wasn't given admission to the prestigious colleges.

It made me feel even worse when one of my friends secured the IIM C admit. I felt I was of no use and I almost went into depression because of for the last 1 year of my engineering, I only had dreamed and envisioned myself pursuing my MBA right after graduation. I couldn't stand the thought of working and waiting. Since early in my career I always achieved what I wanted and this was the first time life showed me that not everything is in your hands. I felt emotions of anger, rage, pain and sadness. It took me a lot of time to rethink my career and what I wanted to do next in my life. It took a lot of efforts of my parents and friends to tell and convince me that I could do something else and that this wasn't the end of the world for me. But I was obsessed with it and my competitive spirit inside me wasn't ready to accept defeat.

But eventually I progressed from that situation and started working at a firm. My field of work is in analytics and as I worked for my firm I realized that my real passion lied in learning more about analytics, researching on topics that will change the way the world behaved 50 years from now. With this new found passion I started applying to the US colleges majoring in Analytics, After an hard and overwhelming 5 months of admission process I finally got admit from my dream college Carnegie Mellon University.

This moment has made me fill with optimism after almost a year of no hope and sadness. I realized that the MBA didn't work out for a reason, even if I had secured an admit from those top MBA colleges, I would've never found my true interest. This made me feel that no matter what happens in life it's always for the good. All you need to do is pour in your best efforts all the time and then sit back and watch as life unfolds each mystery in front of you.

To listen to more optimistic stories head on to  https://housing.com/lookup.

2 comments:

  1. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative, keep posting such sensible articles, it extremely helps to grasp regarding things.

    ReplyDelete