"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry, we would be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles per gallon."
In response GM said:
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics...
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway 4 no reason. U would have to...
U could continue.
a] pull over b] close all windows c] shut off the car d] restart it e] reopen the windows before ....For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart... in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car powered by the sun, reliable, 5 times as fast & twice as easy 2 drive -but would run on only 5% of the roads.
6. Oil, water temp, & alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" light.
7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying....lock U out & refuse 2 let U in until U simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key & grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
8. Occasionally, 4 no reason, your car would....
9. Every time a new car is released U would have 2 learn 2 drive all over again cause the controls wouldn't operate the same as Ur old car.
10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.